February 10, 2012

My Funny Valentine

My funny Valentine,
sweet comic Valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable ...











Vintage Valentines via pageofbats on flickr

 

Vintage Valentines cards and a song.  The song My Funny Valentine was written in 1937 by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart for the musical Babes In Arms.  It has appeared on more than 1,300 albums recorded by more than 600 artists.  One such artist was Frank Sinatra and it appears in the 1957 movie Pal Joey starring Rita Hayworth, Frank Sinatra and Kim Novak.  Though it is Kim Novak who sings My Funny Valentine, Frank who was billed between Rita Hayworth and Kim Novak said, "That's a sandwich I don't mind being stuck in the middle of."  Even though the song was not written about funny Valentines Day cards I just couldn't resist.

~VintagePrecious

No comments: